Pages

Friday, November 07, 2008

Just so I don't Forget

An exercise we did in program today was called just so I don't forget and it gave us a list of fill in the blank type things.  I thought it would be a great exercise to share here, and I included my answers.  Feel free to do this on your own, it is very helpful when things seem bleak or you are struggling with a particular situation.

JUST SO I DON'T FORGET:

I AM ABLE TO: 
take care of my cat
write this blog to make a difference
maintain relationships
LOVE

I HAVE LEARNED:
all humans have emotions and they are normal

I AM PROUD:
that i have the strength to keep attending my program
that I am able to talk about my life with others
that I can change's people's lives through my interactions

I AM CONFIDANT THAT:
it is helping
that there will be better days
I will have a successful career, social life, family

I KNOW:
there will be setbacks, but that is ok
there are people on my side

I NOW UNDERSTAND:
what my brain is doing to my body
that I have been experiencing these feelings for a long time
it's no body's fault

I CAN:
change my behavior to live a healthier life
continue to make progress

I BELIEVE:
I am learning from this
I will climb mountains (figuratively and literally)

I TRUST:
God is leading me through

I ADEQUATELY:
communicate my feeling to others
make it through the day

I ACCEPT:
that there are some things I can not change
my life will be different, but possibly better

No comments: