Pages

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Revolution of Love

Ryan and I attended Terra Nova (new ground for your spiritual journey) today for the second time. I was not looking forward to going outside, as our thermometer read 6 degrees. Brrrr..... But I'm so glad I did. We began a new series today called Revolution of Love.
Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: Love your neighbor as your self. All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.
Matthew 22:37-40


How can we be a church if we do not love God and love others?

And what does a church look like if they do love God and others?

Terra Nova is a new church, and over the next few weeks they are deconstructing and reconstructing the meaning of church. I'm really looking forward to it.

On a side note, I mentioned that it is cold today. And all you good Methodists will recall Wesley and his experience of having a "strange warming" in his heart. While my warming might have not been to the caliber of the Wesley experience, I did enjoy the hot tea and comfort that Terra Nova brought to me this morning.

Peace.

No comments: