Pages

Friday, January 23, 2009

What's going on?

I haven't posted in a bit. So here is a random ramble to get caught up.

I've been down with sinusitis, and some possibly new symptoms of whatever condition seems to be grabbing me at the moment.  I'm on my second round of antibiotics, although I'm not very hopeful.  Last year when I had pneumonia nothing worked, and I'm on one of those now.  But I'll give it the 10 days and see how it turns out.

I think I've had some inflammation lately.  I can't really be sure, I only know what it feels like.  I feel like the area around the top of my spine is inflamed, and then my hips and my back between them.  It might also be a nerve thing, because my legs have been tingly, like pins and needles.  

One minute I'm sweating, hot, barely able to think straight (with no fever, it's the craziest thing) next minute I'm freezing cold.  And I'm keeping it a stable temp in the apartment as well as keeping seasonal clothes on even when I'm hot.  SO, I don't know... It's not pleasant. 

And the FATIGUE  oh my goodness, I sleep, I'm up for 3 hours, and I have to crawl back to bed.  It just hasn't been fun.  But the rheumetologist was able to squeeze me in and I'll be seeing him on Thursday.  I hope something useful comes out of it.

Of course we are paying out of pocket for all prescriptions, so I really am not looking forward to it, if I have to take any new medication.  

There is one thing on my agenda today, I need to make my way over to the pharmacy.  I can't find one of my prescription bottles.  Most likely when Ryan help me fill my med box last week, it got all used up, and he put the bottle aside for me to get it refilled.  Which with the way I've been feeling I have no recollection of.  And with our cat, nothing ever stays where it's been put.  I'm almost positive it needs to be refilled, so I just have to take care of that.

It's suppose to be warmer here, in the 40s, so I'm also going to take advantage of that.  

I've been crocheting some lately, I still need to work on my squares for my afghan.  I can't find the hook I was using though... so that should be on the list of things to do as well.  I went to a knitting store not far from the apartment yesterday, lots of fun with way cool yarns.  There is a drop spindle class at the end of Feb, I think I will probably take it, since I really want to learn to spin.  And then knit.... or maybe knit then spin... or maybe both at the same time.  Who knows.
I think that's it for now.

3 comments:

Penny Reid said...

Good to hear from you. We've been praying. Hope you can enjoy being outside in the 'warm' temperature.
Hugs, Penny

Renee said...

I hope you are feeling better soon, Chrissy Joy!

Renee said...

I hope you are feeling better soon, Chrissy Joy!