Pages

Friday, January 16, 2009

1 Rule for a Flat Stomach!!!

COME ON!!!  Really?  I've been seeing these ads everywhere and they all say as seen on Oprah, or Dr. Oz, or Rachel Ray.  First of all, why is it being so advertised, if it's only one rule, shouldn't it just be easy to follow.  Second of all, I don't care.  

If my stomach was my only concern I'd be a very happy woman.  What about one rule for living with Fibromyalgia, or one rule for asthma sufferers.  One rule for diabetes.  I mean there is more to life than having a flat stomach.  

Sure it would be nice to look a little thinner, and I admit that I am enjoying the weight I am losing on my gluten and dairy free diet.  But, just ONE rule doesn't seem real, it's too good to be true.  I've resisted clicking on these ads, just because I don't want them to get any more attention.  Everyone knows the only way anyone is going to be their healthiest and look the best they can is by treating themselves healthier.  By eating a healthy diet, and by exercising to the best of their ability.

It's sad to say that there are some people who can't exercise at all, and want to DESPERATELY be mobile.  So in my very humble opinion, I think it is vain to be touting everywhere that there is this one MAGIC rule that will get you a flat stomach.  WHO CARES??  I certainly don't.

I want to be able to go to school, have a job, hang out with my friends.  I personally don't care if my stomach is flat or not.  Shouldn't our top doctors and scientists be devoted to making people healthy instead of beautiful.  

If all the people I know were healthy, life would be beautiful for me... flat stomach or not.

Thanks for listening to my diatribe, and most likely since I wrote about it, the ad for the ONE RULE will end up at the top of this page in my google ads.  Do me a favor and don't click on it.  Thanks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tine, you were right. Not sure if today is the 1st time but the "1 rule" ad is on the site today. I didn't click on.....love you xoxoxo mom hugs

CIS said...

But don't you know if you have a flat stomach you never again will wait at a red light, your mail will only be filled with cheerful greetings, and the only words you will ever hear your dentist say are "I don't know how you do it but not a single cavity and, well, no need for even a cleaning!" You are right. It is ridiculous and yet we gobble it up. We can rock our way, walk our way, crunch our way, and pill our way to a flat stomach and therefore to eternal joy. It is bunk. The true question is, what brings us joy, peace, and hope when life really stinks. That is the question.