Pages

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Fourth Sunday of Advent

So I kind of slacked last week, the third Sunday of advent.  I wasn't feeling the greatest and by Wednesday I figured it would just be the best use of my energy to wait until this week to post another Advent post.  This is better than last year, where I didn't post at all, even though I had intended to.

This is what I woke up to this morning and I thought it was beautiful, for some reason it tells of expectancy, of the coming day, of the coming week.


I think a scripture of rejoicing is an appropriate thought for today.

Luke 1:47-55 (New International Version)


    47and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior, 
 48for he has been mindful 
      of the humble state of his servant. 
   From now on all generations will call me blessed, 
    49for the Mighty One has done great things for me— 
      holy is his name. 
 50His mercy extends to those who fear him, 
      from generation to generation. 
 51He has performed mighty deeds with his arm; 
      he has scattered those who are proud in their inmost thoughts. 
 52He has brought down rulers from their thrones 
      but has lifted up the humble. 
 53He has filled the hungry with good things 
      but has sent the rich away empty. 
 54He has helped his servant Israel, 
      remembering to be merciful 
 55to Abraham and his descendants forever, 
      even as he said to our fathers."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN !!!! mom xo hugs

Renee said...

Beautiful picture Chrissy Joy! I always enjoy the snowy photos....but am very thankful I can enjoy them from my sofa sanctuary!
Merry Christmas and God's blessings for you and yours this week and in the coming year.
Renee

Pastor Jim said...

Chrissy,

Your beautiful picture reminds me of one of my favorite hymns, "In the Bleak Mid Winter" (UM Hymnal# 221)This is a very special time of year! Thanks for sharing.
Blessings

Unknown said...

Jim, I was thinking the same thing. Althought it's not actually mid winter, as yesterday was the winter solsitice. :)

Chrissy Joy said...

Jim, I was thinking the same thing. Althought it's not actually mid winter, as yesterday was the winter solsitice. :)