Pages

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Great Day for a Marathon!


I got to use my cheerleading skills this morning as the 2008 Nationwide Better Health Columbus Marathon made it's way past the apartment.  The race started down town with wheel chair racers taking off at 7:25am and runners/walkers at 7:30am.  11,000 people were registered between wheels, runners, walkers participating in the marathon and half marathon distances.  I was interested in the marathon itself, making my way out to the curb around 8:30am, but I also had personal interest as my friend Grace was running the full length of the race.  


We were staged somewhere along the 21st mile, and saw a lot of tired runners.  Runners were also grateful for the support and interest along the route.  Grace came by at around 11:30am and was anxious to get to the end.  After a little encouragement she continued on her way.  Grace finished the race in 5 hours, 10 minutes and 6 seconds; pacing a 11:50 minutes a mile.  Her place overall was 3549, placing 1251 out of 1438 women.  I'm very proud of her and excited for her finish!  It was great to be out there cheering for everyone today.  One of my favorite things.

No comments: