Pages

Monday, October 06, 2008

Breast Cancer Awareness Month

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month!

I wanted to take a few minutes to remind you all about the importance of breast cancer awareness, monthly self exams, and regular mammograms.  I've known many people with breast cancer, and  I became passionate about raising awareness and funds while in college.

I am a sister in the Zeta Tau Alpha fraternity, whose philanthropy is the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation.   While in college I worked with my sisters to raise awareness among college age women about early detection and participated in some crazy fundraisers to raise money for the Susan G. Komen foundation.

For all you wonderful women in my life, please remember to check yourself, get your mammograms, and inform others about breast cancer.  And if you want to take a more active role in finding the cure for breast cancer sign up with The Army Of Women.  The Army of Women is looking for women with and without cancer to partner with researchers to learn what causes breast cancer and to find a cure. 

Just to be sure you are informed, here is a list of links that I mentioned throughout my post, please check them out: 


No comments: