Pages

Thursday, October 30, 2008

My Day Program

Since being discharged from the hospital I've been participating in a partial hospitalization program. It lasts every day from 8:45 to 3:00 and has become a reason to get out of bed in the morning. We discuss our goals for the day, kind of like the "one day at a time" saying. We attend group therapy, talk about symptom management, and discuss things like values, medication usage, etc. We finish the day by talking about what our goals and plans are for the evening, about staying safe, and about returning out "there" into the real world.

I like day program. It is providing a nice cocoon in which I am able to heal. However, today I'm not at program and it is making me very sad. I am trying not to get upset about it, because that won't help. But about 24 hours ago I cam down with a migraine, and it has not subsided since. Migraines are a symptom of my Fibromyalgia and they pretty much have to be waited out.

I hope to make it clear that I really really do want to be at day program, and was very sad to have to miss it today. Very very sad. I'm looking forward to going back tomorrow. And I hope to get the rest I need to get rid of this awful monster attacking my brain.

In the meantime, you should see who gets to make me feel better.


I don't have to do anything, he just sits on my lap and purrs. He really missed me when I was hospitalized. He gives me a reason to get out of bed in the morning.

I just hate when my body fails me.

1 comment:

Penny Reid said...

That is an awesome picture of you and Popeye. We continue to keep you and Ryan in our prayers. Love and hugs, Pennny:)