Monday, January 15, 2007

Middle Church

Middle Church: Reclaiming the Moral Values of the Faithful Majority from the Religious Right by Bob Edgar


So I just picked up a new book, on recommendation by my District Superintendant, and like my friend Jim says, it's always good to take their suggestions. I'm so glad I did.

I'm only to chapter 3 so I won't go into too much detail about the book itself. I pretty much have agreed with everything I've read so far, which has addressed stewardship of the earth and the war in Iraq. Perhaps after I read the book in it's entirety I can write some more about it.

The book comes highly suggested from me and Greg Myers (as well as Jimmy Carter) so you should check it out!

2 comments:

Andrew Dill said...

So this is a little off topic but seeing Greg's name reminded me of two coincidences I learned about over break. First, it was Greg who baptized me and now obviously my mother works for him. And second, he baptized another baby on the same day and it turns out that it was Jeff Ebert's sister. Weird.

Chrissy Joy said...

those are some great coincidences....