Pages

Monday, February 01, 2010

February

So, it's February.  Despite a serious kidney infection, January went fairly well.

I was able to start blogging on a more regular basis, which has really been a goal for a very long time.  I would like to start generating more content for my blog, as well as interact with other blogs and bloggers.  The focus on Living in the MidWest is wide and basically consists of the things that are of most interest to me at a particular time on a particular day.  Perhaps I would have a wider reader base if I narrowed my focus more and marketed to a particular audience, but that's just not how I roll.

I had a professor once, who after reading my blog commented that it really wasn't about "anything" which is in way true.  It's condensed stream of conscious, which should really give you a peak into my crazy, dreaming, idealistic mind.

What I wish were true and what is actual reality are sometimes very different, and it often becomes a source of anxiety for me.

Alas, I hope that it provides at the least a moment of entertainment for you, if not a helpful piece of insightful information.

My classes start on Wednesday, hopefully they will generate some good theological based postings in the near future.  My biggest anxieties revolve around the severe fatigue I deal with on a regular basis.  Never mind that I'm in a constant state of discomfort because of the pain caused by fibromyalgia (which is exhausting in itself) there are days that no matter how much I rest I can barely function enough to watch TV.  How this is going to translate into school work, reading, writing, reflecting, and attending class is yet to be seen.

I'm preparing how I'm going to approach the subject with my professors.  I've never been a good student, I've always done just enough to get by, pulling all nighters and last minute cram sessions.  For the most part it worked pretty well.  However, with my new health status, this is NOT going to work anymore, maybe it will make a me a better student.  As a life long underachiever I hope that this will positively affect my grades.

I need to be self motivated, otherwise plans that I have for future life endeavors are never going to happen.

Anyways, like I said, a stream of consciousness.

Enjoy your February and hopefully you will hear from me soon.

No comments: