Pages

Monday, January 25, 2010

Blog Review: Gluten-Free Girl and the Chef


 I don't talk about other blogs much here.  I have a list on the side of the blogs that I read, and will occasionally post a link to something I've read and enjoyed.  However "Gluten-Free Girl and the Chef" deserve their own post.


 Flourless Peanut Butter cookies I made from the blog.


I first learned about Gluten-Free Girl, Shauna James Ahern, and became interested in her writing when I decided I needed to cut gluten out of my diet back in the summer of 2008, it was a daunting task, but she made it easier.  I was able to see someone was living a VERY happy and food filled life without gluten.  I read her blog posts with anticipation, wondering what new idea she was going to cook up next.

That Christmas I got her first book.  This was a combination of her life story and a cook book.  While there were not many recipes it discussed the ins and outs of eating gluten-free.  And she introduced us to her husband Danny, the Chef.

I have been reading her blog longer than most blogs I read on a regular basis, with the exception of people I know personally.  With the introduction of the Chef, there were more stories of family love and watching their Little Bean grow up to love food.  Very very soon there will be a full cookbook in the bookstores and I am SO looking forward to it.

Gluten-Free Girl and the Chef make me want to eat, and eat better.  I love their stories of farm stands and vegetables.  I honestly didn't eat many veggies until around 2007 and this blog has given me the courage to try more.  I still won't eat tomatoes though.

I look forward to hearing how one recipe didn't quite work and what they did to correct it.  And while a lot of their food would naturally be gluten-free they do great looking recipes for some yummy baked goods, like these graham crackers.

Besides the amazing food these two cook up I LOVE LOVE LOVE their photographs.  I've been into photography way longer than I've been into gluten-free food, and these just shine.  I honestly strive to take pictures like this someday.  So go ahead and jump over and check them out, you won't be disappointed.  If you don't believe me just check out the honors they have received over the years.

enjoy. enjoy. enjoy.

4 comments:

judyschoon said...

Sweet Popeye :)

Renee said...

This looks so good..will be checking her blog since both Joel and I are gluten free now.

Unknown said...

Renee, you will love it, such a great blog!

Chrissy Joy said...

Renee, you will love it, such a great blog!