Pages

Sunday, September 07, 2008

Prayers for Haiti

I don't know a lot about Haiti. I'm not sure I really know anything at all. But what I do know is that Hurricane Gustav tore through Haiti leaving flooding and death in it's wake. Hurricane Ike did not make a direct hit, but more flooding is expected as the out bands of rain go through.

My friend Julia's dad does mission work in Haiti, lot of prayers are needed. The mission lost their crops and is dealing with flooding. Julia said that it is not as bad as it could be, as there is more flooding and low lying area and in the cities. The flooding consists of sewage, which will cause even more deaths that the hurricanes and flooding already has.

The main thing to keep in mind here is that when the US media reports the death tolls, they are very under reported.

Prayer for Haiti, and for the relief workers.

No comments: