Pages

Friday, October 09, 2009

Coffee and Lunch

I had a chiropractic appointment this morning and then came to Stauf's for coffee and lunch. It's raining and the leaves haven't changed yet, so it's not particularly pretty out, but for some reason I am incredibly content.

I had one of the BEST salads for lunch. It was spinach with chicken, red onions, feta, almonds, and blue berries. And the latte I ordered is tasty as always. I am not sure when I fell into this coffee habit. There is something comforting about familiar public places and Stauf's has turned out to be mine. I think sometimes I drink coffee just to be in this space for awhile. The atmosphere is amazing, the people are so pleasant, and there is always something to look at. While I was waiting, Ani DiFranco was even playin on the radio.

So what do I do now. I have no desire to get up and leave from the place, and no real plans for the day. My latte is almost done, should I get another. Should I order something else. Or should I just drink some water and sit. I brought my computer and a book, so really I could sit here all day.

Why don't you tell me about your favorite familiar public place?

No comments: