Pages

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Peace Witness

I've been racking my brain trying to find the right words to speak about last weekends Christian Peace Witness for Iraq.

Sadness is all that I can come up with. While riding the bus for 9 hours to the National Cathedral, participating in worship, and marching to the White House this emotion boiled up within me. Sadness for those who have lost loved ones, have lost a limb, have spent precious time away from their family, and for the innocent Iraqis who have been so damaged.

Also, over 3,000 Christians came together in those few hours, and I'm not usually this pessimistic, but it's hard for me to not feel sad for the little difference we made.

After coming back to Ohio, again I felt sad because I didn't now how to talk about the war, how to give good answers to people's questions, what I thought we should all be doing as average citizens of the United States of America, and most importantly Christians.

So I'm sorry that there is not much more that I can say about the event, but it's been so hard for me just to say this much.
Peace.

No comments: