Pages

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Almost too tired

But I knew I needed to write tonight because so much has happened in the last week, and you need to know about it. I worked a 6 day work week, followed by my first gig talking about climate change in a church. Needless to say I am exhausted, plus I am suffering from allergies or a cold, which has left me sore throated and light headed. But, I don't think I could possibly be happier about the way things are going.

For starters I am quite certain that my internship ROCKS and I would not want to be any place else right now. I have learned so much in the last 2 weeks. After spending my entire life being creeped out by snakes, I finally touched one on Thursday. It wasn't too bad, but I wouldn't say I enjoyed it. However, seeing that it is an exciting learning opportunity for the kids, I decided to bite the bullet and reach into the cage and pick it up. His name is Sundance, he's a red rat snake, and is about three and a half feet long. I like him, as much as I can like a snake and I hope he never decides to bite me.

I am excited because I will get to learn how to keep bees as part of my internship. The hives have died out at Stratford but we will be getting new ones on April 1st. I am excited and will obviously post more when the time comes.

We had our Maple Sugar Festival over the weekend and probably saw close to a thousand people including children. The weather was wet in the morning, but was warm and the sun came out. I spent the day reading stories and talking about Sundance. Ryan spent the day in the kitchen making sausage in pancakes. It was fun, and I hope to be around to do it again next year.

Hopefully this week I will be learning more about the barn animals. I learned about barn chores, and collected my first eggs on Tuesday. I also brought home my first dozen eggs and they are yummy. It's amazing how strong some of the smaller eggs are, I had to really bang on them to get the shells to crack.

As far as the church gig goes, I believe that it went ok. It is hard to read a crowd, especially on full of people that I do not know. They seemed to respond to some things better than others, and what I was really trying to do was facilitate a conversation and that seemed to happen. It was a good experience and I will be able to build on my notes for the future. So, if you read this, and you are interested in hearing me speak let me know, I would love to come to your church, youth group, or Sunday school class.

I am going to write a little informational blog about eggs, since MK says she gets educated every time she reads my blog.

No comments: