Pages

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Federal Funding???

I came across this article from the New York Times. It's long, but basically what it is saying is that religious organizations in prisons and other institutions are recieving federal funding to indoctrinate their beliefs.

I believe that this is inappropriate. I also believe that fact that these programs are being federally funded are making it next to impossible for programs to teach, rehabilitate, and support prisoners and others on a voluntary basis, which in my opinion religion should ALWAYS be voluntary and ALWAYS be accepted.


http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/10/business/10faith.html?ex=1323406800&en=7050d803b8c42f05&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

I'm having a hard time publishing, for some reason it won't let me do what I want. So here is the link...hopefully it gets your there.

Anyone who can help me out, blogger doesnt' do the same thing in Safari as it does in Firefox, and I can't figure it out.

No comments: