Pages

Friday, August 31, 2012

Links, Likes, and Love 8/31/2012

Another semi-busy and productive week.  Not a whole lot to show for it, but hopefully soon my hard work will be paying off.   Here's a run down of Links, Likes, and Love for the last week in August 2012.

Links

  • Elevatory Brewery- Starting on Tuesday The Elevatory Brewery and Draught House will have a gluten free Saison on tap.  Not only is having a gluten free beer on tap absolutely awesome, it just so happens that it's a homebrew creation of my very own husband Ryan.  If you live in Columbus you should try to check it out in the month of September. 
  • Ravelry- A great online community for crocheters, knitters, and yarn enthusiasts.  I've been spending more time around there lately and I encourage you to check it out if the above includes you!
  • The newly painted bike lane on King Avenue.
  • Frugal Foodie Mama- This is a friend of mine who just so happens to be having a birthday this weekend!!  To celebrate she's doing an awesome two part give away.  The first one starts on Saturday, and then an item from yours truly will be in the give away starting on Monday.  I'll post about it more when the time comes!  Be sure to check it out for some homemade/handmade goodness.


Likes

Bike Lanes- King Avenue got bike lanes this week!!  Pretty awesome if I do say so myself.  Although my bike riding has been limited this summer, Ryan rides his bike to campus and other places quite a bit.  Usually it's right down King Ave.  Not only did they resurface the road for a smoother ride, but now there are designated lanes!  Great job Columbus!

Quote- I came across this quote and it absolutely hit home for me.  It's about being tender and sensitive.  I'm very tender and sensitive, my feelings get hurt easily, but I also care deeply about a lot of things.  Even if you know me in real life you may not know this, I do a pretty good job about hiding, which I guess I really don't need to do.  Zooey Deschanel tells us why:

Being tender and open is beautiful. As a woman, I feel continually shhh’ed. Too sensitive. Too mushy. Too wishy washy. Blah blah. Don’t let someone steal your tenderness. Don’t allow the coldness and fear of others to tarnish your perfectly vulnerable beating heart. Nothing is more powerful than allowing yourself to truly be affected by things. Whether it’s a song, a stranger, a mountain, a rain drop, a tea kettle, an article, a sentence, a footstep, feel it all – look around you. All of this is for you. Take it and have gratitude. Give it and feel love.

Love 



Bamboo Splash- I've always been a doodler, I love drawing and have sketchbooks full of incomplete artwork.  Which is why I'm loving my new Bamboo tablet.  I've spent hours figuring it out and creating fun pictures.  No great masterpieces yet, but I like how when I dislike something instead of flipping to a new page in my sketchbook I can just delete it.

The last few weeks I've been dealing with some shoulder soreness that is really aggravated by knitting and crocheting (and most likely sewing if I attempted) so this has given me something else to do with my time.  Also it's required me to clean off my craft table, which has been a nice change.  The picture above is at my table in Stauf's where I have been spending a lot of my days recently.  

For my next trick I shall draw you a monster!
This is the Woobie Monster, he is drinking an Iced Latte.
Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: