Pages

Monday, August 20, 2012

Bed Time Yoga- I Found it on Pinterest







Exercise has been one of the best things I have done for my fibromyalgia.  I love to get out of the apartment to ride my bike or go for a walk, however that is not always possible.  Besides the monster pain I often experience, there is also a large amount of fatigue that plays a role in my ability to get moving.  I have a pretty regular yoga routine that I attempt to do several times a week, but even then it is sometimes difficult to get myself onto and then up from the floor again.

A few days ago I came across this yoga routine on Pinterest and immediately clicked over to fitsugar to check it out.  I've been doing this sequence before I get in bed for the night.  I'm certainly enjoying it.  Even if I have done other exercises or yoga during the day this gets things loosened up before I attempt to fall asleep.  I've also been heating my tighter spots (my shoulders and hips) and the combination has me feeling really well.

This is not just for my chronically hurting friends, I want to encourage my crafty readers to give this a try at the end of the day as well.  I KNOW you are sitting for hours on end in front of your sewing machines or writing blog posts at your desk.  You totally can benefit from a little loosening up before bed.  Remember to breath and quiet your mind as well, and you'll be asleep in no time.

Let me know how it works out for you in the comment section below!!

No comments: